Call Now For a Consultation
  1620 Main St, Suite 1 Sarasota, FL 34236
  3890 SR 64 E, Suite 109, Bradenton, FL 35208
  4075 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL 33952

Immigration Law Expert

immigration paperwork

The Law Offices of Benjamin "Skip" Martin handles immigration law cases, including family, investor, or business based. These cases are often some of the most difficult, painful situations we encounter in the legal field, but we are here to help. Skip’s knowledge of complex family and cultural dynamics, combined with familiarity with the immigration rules and regulations will benefit you as we work together to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.

Family Based

Skip can help you with obtaining permanent residence, or a Green Card. You may be eligible to get a green card through your family if you are:

  • An immediate relative (spouse, parent, or child who is at least 21) of a U.S. Citizen
  • A family member of a U.S. citizen that fits into a preference category, including unmarried sons or daughters older than 21, married children of any age, or brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners
  • A family member of a green card holder, including spouses and unmarried children of the green card holder

There are other qualifications specific to various groups of people and situations as well.

At the Law Offices of Benjamin "Skip" Martin we can help you receive a marriage based visa. If you have recently married a U.S. Citizen, our law firm can work with you to complete the application process and become a permanent resident of the United States through a marriage based visa.

If you are not currently married, but plan to marry a U.S. Citizen, you may be able to receive a fiancée visa. A fiancé visa permits the foreign citizen to travel to the United States and marry his or her sponsor within 90 days of arrival. Skip is experienced in this area of immigration law and can help you throughout the process.

Our law office also works with people seeking citizenship or naturalization. Naturalization is a process by which citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen after he or she fulfills requirements established by Congress. If you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years, 3 years if married to a citizen, or qualify through service in the armed forces, you may qualify for naturalization.

Investor/Business Based

At the Law Offices of Benjamin “Skip” Martin we also provide legal services for investor or business based immigration law cases.

Renewal of the visa can be obtained every two years as the business grows. If you meet certain preference category requirements. These include extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational executives. Other preference categories include skilled workers, professions that require a college degree, or unskilled workers. Overall, there are 5 preference categories with several subcategories. Skip will help you determine which category or categories you fit into and work diligently to get your employment visa application approved.

Work Permits allow you to work in the U.S. as a foreign citizen under certain restrictions. They have shorter terms than employment visas, but can be a valuable first step towards achieving your goal of living and/or working in the United States. Skip assists people in obtaining H-1B and H-2B work permits.

Investment visas allow individuals to enter and work in the United States if they will be controlling an investment while in the country. Renewal is generally every 5 years. If you want to find out if you qualify for an investment visa, Skip can help you determine what you need to do and get the application process completed.

  941.951.6166     941.747.6166    941.624.6686